Sunday 15 June 2014

Summer Project ¦ An Art Block






I'm suffering a bit of an art block at the moment; I feel that the past few months were such a great time for me, inspiration wise, and I've just kinda of burnt out now. I'm feeling uninspired and just plain bored of my ideas. We were asked to start a "Summer Project" by our tutors, we have a good 3/4 months until second year starts up again so I wasn't at all surpris we were asked to do this. It keeps us busy, I suppose.


We were given this an asked to "base" our work around one of the themes above. I always find that when tutors "put a cap" on the work, so to speak, I always feel a real pressure and it almost stresses me out as I feel that I don't have total creative freedom. This I know is stupid, of course I have creative freedom as it's my degree. However, I have decided to base my project around journeys and how one represents a journey. I'll be subtly covering all bases that are mentioned above, but really focusing on process, space, the body and identity. 



At the moment I have compiled several sketchbooks; one revolving around documenting my journey's in photographs, a contextual studies book, one looking at the journey of words (this is represented through me documenting a few words each day to sum up my day), a sketchbook with paintings that have evolved from the photographs and a sketchbook full of receipts that resemble me an my journey with money. 

Having been working on this for a few weeks now I've sort of hit a brick wall and I don't know where next to take my project. I've recently been looking at the artist Rachel Perry and her use of "everyday objects" in her sculptures, particularly her receipt sculpture, however I', not really sure where to go next. 

Over the next few days I'll be uploading my work up till now, however I thought I would write this post so that it acts as a sort of bridge between my first year work and my second year work. 

I hope I get inspired soon.

No comments:

Post a Comment