Sunday 22 June 2014

Journeys ¦ 2.6.2014 ¦ Photography




I've decided to start my Summer Project focusing on the idea of "journeys". I quite like how vague this topic is and how well it can feed into other areas of discussion.




I'm not limiting myself to much to this theme but I was in desperate need for a starting point. I've started to document my journeys through the form of photography; this is the easiest way to start off documenting my journeys. I've started to build an "reference" book for these images to go in to; just a small A5 sketchbook that I can flip through whenever I don't feel inspired or I need to remember what I've done.



I've started to build many of these reference books where I am keeping my contextual studies, journeys of receipts, journeys of word etc. I have found scrap-booking everything just the easiest way to compile all of my research/work/findings into one easy place. Sort of like a blog that I can flip through.

One key thing I've been doing is trying not to make work. Now, this may sound strange but I have found that once I get into the mind set that I have to create work I immediately get stumped. I also have this thing where I jump into things to quickly and end up wasting all of my ideas in one go leaving me nowhere to turn and feeling very uninspired. So this time I've really been taking my time and collecting things and just letting my wok happen organically rather than trying to force it.



I've added a new feature to my blog a "flip book" at the bottom of the page you can view the flipbook related to this post; "Journey ¦ 2.06.2014 ¦ Walking". Only a few photos are here as I didn't want it to be boring, I actually ended up taking about 100 photos. This was really fun to sift through once I got home!



No comments:

Post a Comment