Friday 30 May 2014

Train Tickets ¦ A Print Experiment





I had been collecting train tickets for a while now, one of the many benefits of my commute into university, so I decided to put them to good use. I had paid for these tickets so it seemed a bit pointless just to throw them away and not use them in a more constructive way. I had collected probably about £500's worth of tickets and thought them very appropriate for my project. 

I had been pondering with the idea of journeys and metaphorical journeys for a while up to this point, but I decided to develop my project into more of a literal journey. Including train tickets symbolised both journeys, for me. 

I also really like the juxtaposition of text upon the train ticket and how the ink reacts differently with both the ticket and the paper. I played around here with positioning of the tickets and with how many tickets I used, I really felt they each had their place within my project. By that I mean, they all worked in their own right but they also worked extremely well together as a collective. A rather odd one this little project here, but very helpful and informative to my project nonetheless. Also very interesting to see!



No comments:

Post a Comment