Friday 30 May 2014

Panic ¦ Printmaking Experiment




With printmaking I didn't really know where I was going to go with my project; I feel with print it's quite naive to have set out plan and expect it to come out as you have planned so I decided to do something that is actually quite foreign to me, go with the flow. With print you aren't really in control of what you are doing, I was really attracted to this aspect as it really pushes me out of my comfort zone.

I experimented thoroughly with printing little bits of paper with "barely there" raised edges which just about caught the paint. I used Sylvia Plaths 'The Bell Jar' as a reference point to my entire project but for print I wanted to just choose simple, but powerful, key words. 'Panic' is quite a powerful word but very simplistic, while keeping the complexity of the words to a minimum this allowed me to play around a lot with the materials I used to print on. I used a range of materials but acrylic paint and ripped out pages of old novels really worked well with how sporadic the ink printed.




No comments:

Post a Comment