Friday 8 August 2014

Artefacts - #1 ¦ Walking 08/08/2014



To follow on with my work with 'Journeys' I've decided to start experimenting with and finding artefacts that could somewhat resemble my journeys. The key with this, is that I am not by any means looking for artefacts. If a object just so happens to be there then I will see it as fate and take it away to put in my book, not before photographing it. Below are some of the photos that inspired me to go further with this journey. I was on a walk when I came across this 10 of Diamonds card. I found it so intriguing that this card was here, in the middle of  field that I just could not leave it there. I had to take it with me, and the whole walk home I was thinking about the possibilities of this card and what I could do with it. It was very interesting to me, especially since I never really find anything on this pathway as it is quite desolate and signs of human interference are little to 0. This all added to the character of the card and the journey that I went through to get it. I have photographed and documented this piece but I still need to figure out how I am going to use these cards. But I am hopeful for any new additions to this collection that may come my way.











No comments:

Post a Comment